Who: Boys 12 to 17 years old
When: Tuesdays, 7:00 PM
Where: St. Monica, Duluth, Georgia
Protector Saint: St. John Bosco
Section Leader: Desert Mouse — Brian Lane
Patrols: Blue Jay, Coyote
The Explorer Promise
On my honour and with God’s grace, I promise to do my best to serve God, the Church, my country, to help others at all times, and to obey the Explorer law.
The Explorer Law
- An explorer’s honour is to be trusted.
- An explorer is loyal to his country, leaders, parents, and subordinates.
- An explorer is made to serve and save his neighbor.
- An explorer is a friend to all and a brother to every other explorer.
- An explorer is courteous and chivalrous.
- An explorer sees in nature God’s creations; he loves plants and animals.
- An explorer obeys proper orders and leaves nothing half-finished.
- An explorer controls himself; he smiles and sings in all difficulties.
- An explorer is thrifty; he takes care of his own possessions and those of others.
- An explorer is clean in thought, word, and deed.
The Explorer Prayer
Teach us to be generous,
To serve You as You deserve it,
To give without counting,
To fight without care of injuries,
To work without looking for rest,
To spend ourselves without waiting for any reward
Except knowing that we fulfill Your holy will.